As a 501(c)3 not for profit charitable organization, the FASNY Firemen’s Home is supported by the generous efforts of the Firemen’s Association of the State of New York (FASNY) and private contributions. Your gift ensures the dignity and quality of care that we provide to our brothers and sisters is maintained.
Please consider contributing to any of our initiatives below in support of the outstanding care residents receive at the Home and as a thank you to these community heroes. Any donation you make is truly appreciated and no amount is too small.
FASNY Firemen’s Home 2017-18 Holiday Appeal
Every day our community appreciates the kind attention they receive. Through our FASNY Firemen’s Home Holiday Appeal, FASNY is seeking support from our friends in the fire service so that we can continue to make our residents feel “at home away from home.” Donations through this campaign will help provide birthday and holiday parties, special outings and other events that brighten residents’ spirits.
Other Ways to Support the FASNY Firemen’s Home
Operation Small Change
– These gifts assist in meeting the daily needs of Home residents and create a more comfortable living environment. This includes supplies for activities and special holiday events that help our members feel “at home away from home.”
Capital Campaign for the Firemen’s Home Multi-Purpose Building
– Construction is scheduled to begin in the fall of 2017 for this handicap-accessible building that will be used for outdoor activities, County Days and other
functions to benefit Home members and the New York State fire service. The following naming opportunities are available:
– There are 12 pillars available for exclusive or shared naming opportunities:
- $25,000 donation – Single dedication (a large personalized cast bronze plaque featuring a photograph of the donor’s choosing, will hang exclusively on an interior pillar)
- $10,000 donation – Shared dedication (donors may co-sponsor a pillar with smaller personalized plaques designed to hang side-by-side on a pillar inside the building)
Contributors Memory Plaque
— $1,000 donation (one line) and $2,500 donation (two lines) with names listed on a large plaque in the order of the year received.
The Chapel Fund
– Donations to enhance the spiritual needs or for Chapel improvements make a lasting difference in the peaceful, spiritual atmosphere of the Firemen’s Home Chapel.
Firemen’s Home Special Projects Fund
– This fund ensures the long-term sustainability of the Firemen’s Home. Donations to this restricted fund supportcapital improvements for items that are not in the regular operating budget.
Gifts in Honor or in Memory of
– Help ensure the long-term sustainability of the FASNY Firemen’s Home while memorializing or celebrating the volunteer service of a friend or loved one. Please donate to any of our established funds or contact Gina Shultis, Director of Development, to guide you in creating a special gift that fits your charitable goals.
Planned Giving and Bequests
– Planned giving through your will can provide tax benefits today while providing long-term support tomorrow. After consulting your financial planner or attorney, please contact FASNY’s Development Office to guide you in creating a gift that fits your charitable and financial goals.
– This is a wonderful memorial to remember those who have served the volunteer fire service. The bricks are a tribute to firefighters, past and present, and to all fire departments, companies and auxiliaries that serve our communities. Remember an individual or organization by donating $25 for an engraved brick to be located at our Eternal Flame Memorial. (Please note that bricks will be installed in groups as donations of 25 or more are accumulated.)
*Executive Law 174-b: Upon request, a person may obtain from the Firemen’s Association of the State of New York Foundation, Inc. (“FOUNDATION”), 107 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12210, or from the Attorney General Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271, a copy of the last financial report filed by the “FOUNDATION” with the Attorney General, which report will be filed on or before February 15, 2004. Upon request, a person may obtain from the “FOUNDATION” a description of the programs and activities for which the “FOUNDATION” has requested and has expended or will expend contributions.