When the old outdoor pavilions for Home activities had to be taken down due to structural concerns, the idea to build a handicap-accessible, three-season building became a reality. Thanks to the generosity of many to seed this project, construction began in summer 2017.
On May 6, 2018, the space itself became a reality as FASNY and Home leadership, sponsors and donors joined residents for a dedication and ribbon-cutting.
The Home residents and members of the fire service will be able to use this a state-of-the-art facility from May through October for special days with Sectional and county organizations. The residents look forward to visiting with their brothers and sisters from around the State and always enjoy the festivities taking place.
In recognition of these benefactors and friends of the FASNY Firemen’s Home who, through their generous gifts, helped make this Multi-Purpose Building possible. Your support of our brothers and sisters who have entered the gates of the FASNY Firemen’s Home demonstrates the volunteer spirit that provides a “home away from home” for those in need.
- Alesco Advisors, LLC
- Philip B. Cammann
- Bridgehampton Fire Department E.M.S. Company – In memory of Terry J. Hoyt
- Cool Insurance Agency
- Fishers Volunteer Fire Department
- Fraternal Order of Eagles No. 2695 Cobleskill
- Golden’s Bridge Fire Department, Inc.
- Ladies Auxiliary LaGrange Fire Company 2
- Montauk Fire Department
- North Amityville Fire Company, Inc. – In memory of William “Bill” A. Hills Badge No. 24
- Philip B. Cammann – In memory of Terry J. Hoyt and Ed C. Hoyt
- Richmond Volunteer Exempt Firemen’s Benevolent Association
- Southampton Fire Department Juniors – In memory of Donald C. Stringham
- Spring Lake Fire Department
- Verdoy Volunteer Fire Association, Inc. – In honor of Past Chief Jason Wheatley