Per new visitation guidelines issued by the New York State Department of Health the Firemen’s Home will begin in person visitation on Thursday, April 1, 2021 utilizing the following guidelines:
- You must schedule your visit in advance. Please contact Sophia Kamenovsky at (518)828-7695, Ext. 116 to make your appointment. Visits will be limited to 45 minutes in length due to the limitation of space allowable for visitation. During indoor visitation we are limiting the number of visitors to 4 per Member. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- All visitors will be offered rapid COVID-19 testing. If you are visiting a non-vaccinated Member and do not wish to be tested or provide proof of vaccination the designated visiting area for these visits will be in our multipurpose building. This is being done for the protection of our non-vaccinated Members. If you wish to be tested please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit.
- Upon your arrival at the Home, please proceed to the south entrance at the front of the building (signs will direct you). There you will be screened prior to your visit. Once screening has been completed you will be directed to either the multipurpose room/chapel or the multipurpose building. At this time, we are not allowing visitors on the nursing units.
- The Department of Health is advising that whenever possible visitation should happen outdoors. Therefore, weather permitting we will be having visitation outdoors.
- During your visit you must adhere to infection control guidelines. This includes wearing of a mask, performing hand hygiene and maintaining six feet of social distancing. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available for you. If your loved one has received the entire COVID-19 vaccination series, physical contact will be allowed. However, all parties must be wearing masks and perform hand hygiene both prior to and immediate after contact. If the Member you are visiting has not received the COVID-19 vaccination series no physical contact will be allowed. These visits will be monitored to ensure that infection control practices are adhered to.
If at any point either a Member or employee test positive for COVID-19 visitation will be suspended immediately. We are then required to test all Members to determine the extent of the potential exposure. This process normally takes 2 to 3 days. You will be notified when visitation will resume.
We realize that these guidelines may seem stringent but please keep in mind that we have been able to prevent an outbreak of COVID-19 in the Home for over a year. We would like to continue to stay COVID-19 free and continue to keep our Members safe.